Coronavirus: notes for staff
We thank our care team for their continued effort and hard work to ensure that they and our clients remain safe. To remain this way, the following advice must be taken extremely seriously and it must be adhered to:
- Avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas
- Avoid contact with large groups of people
- Only travel on public transport if it is absolutely necessary
- Carry out extremely high levels of infection control:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands before, during and after all client calls
- Use soap and hand sanitiser gel
- Wear gloves and change regularly
- Report ANY symptoms immediately. Do this by phoning a manager
- Under new advice you will now be required to stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms for 14 days
- The symptoms are:
- A high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- A new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS helpline if you feel that you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, if your condition gets worse, of if your symptoms do not get better after seven days.
We have had no reports of coronavirus nor any suspected cases in the care team nor any of our clients. If anyone presents with symptoms, you will need to agree to self-isolate for 14 days. In the event that we have members of the team self-isolating, we will need to work together to ensure our clients are protected and cared for at all times.
We are doing all we can to ensure that routes remain highly organised and with a consistency of carers to reduce the amount of people going to see clients. We are also working hard on contingency planning to ensure that we can continue to offer the highest quality of care to those in need as well as to ensure that everyone stays secure in their employment during such an uncertain time.
We will continue to keep you updated with any changes to our service.